Register a Boat
Boat Registration and Sail Numbers
Hull Registration Numbers
CRYA members can register their boats with the CRYA for a hull registration number. Boats are registered within their class. Any boat class can be considered an official class if there are 20 or more registered boats. The policy for the issuing of a Hull Registration Number is as follows:
- The lowest available number in the register is assigned.
- A number is unique to a boat. Duplicate numbers will not be issued.
- A number will not be re-issued to a replacement hull
- If a boat is transferred into Canada from another jurisdiction it has to be re-registered. Its existing registration number will only be assigned if the boats hull existing registration number is vacant and less that the total number of boats registered in the class.
- Hull registration number be printed legibly on an accessible portion of the hull interior. This may be done with permanent marker.
International classes have class rule concerning identification which must be followed.
A boat’s sail number is the last two digits of its hull registration number. See the RRS
Personal Sail Numbers – please see the Personal Sail Numbers page